Singing Loudly: Watching the Game

Singing Loudly

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Watching the Game

A couple weeks ago there was a daily email sent from the Student Bar Association office saying that for fifteen dollars we could get a ticket to the baseball game, a bus ride there, access to three kegs, and BBQ, so of course I signed up with a few friends.

Yesterday afternoon some 90ish student met out in the quad to head over to the game. I've never cared much for the social aspect of law school. I don't go to the happy hours, to law student parties, or to the tailgating before the football parties. I realized pretty early on that I share little in common with most of the students at my school. Typically I just do my own thing and I've met a few people who have become great friends.

That said, yesterday there were all of like 15 people who I knew and maybe 7 or 8 who I'd hang out with outside of school. One of the guys going to the game is someone who I have very little respect for. He was in my constitutional law class where he proceeded to alienate just about everyone with his racist views. I wasn't all that happy he was around, but I am good at evading people when necessary.

We get to the parking lot at the stadium. The kegs come out. Everyone starts to load up on the alcohol. Then we grab cold boxed lunch BBQ and have to drink more to feel better about the bad food. Soon my group ends up at the game. We were possibly the first to go in and watch the game, so we got to see everyone stumble to their seats. I was lucky that behind my group was another group of people who I would hang out with. One of them was a girl who I hadn't ever met. I guess she's an LLM who graduated from Case Western. She was extremely drunk and kept ordering more beer.

It wasn't long before she was druming on my back and mentioning her breasts a lot. Probably too much. I think after her fourth beer she forgot she was at a baseball game and started to think I had taken her home for the night. Around the 6th inning I mentioned to her that it was about last call so she should go and find more beer. She agreed and took off. Then her group decided they were going to leave to go home on the early bus. She came back a little while later without any beer and without a group. This just made her get even more annoying. I think she mentioned that it was silly for her group to leave her because she has breasts. Then she did a little dance in the aisle and screamed at some of the players. I guess she remembered, during the dance, that she was at the baseball game.

After we lost the game we all left and got onto buses. She ended up on the same bus as me but went towards the back as my group hadn't really talked to her. Then my enemy got on the bus and sat next to her. From what I could tell, I think that I can add another reason I dislike the guy -- taking advantage of a really, really drunk girl on the bus ride home. But she has breasts, right?
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com