Singing Loudly: Skipping School so Soon?

Singing Loudly

Monday, August 23, 2004

Skipping School so Soon?

I read that there will be an expected 250,000 protesters in NYC for the RNC. Talk Left pondered where all of these people will be lodged? Personally I've got about 3 friends there who would love to lend a couch to a protester they know.

As many as 250,000 demonstrators are expected to march through Manhattan next Sunday, the eve of the four-day Republican National Convention, to protest the president's polices, according to protest organizers.

"People from around the world will descend on New York to give voice to those who oppose this government's policy of warmongering," says Bill Dobbs, spokesman for United for Peace and Justice, the largest protest group

I suppose that if I could find a good flight I would go out there to protest a little. More than likely the local jail would turn into my host.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com