Singing Loudly: Ha! I'm right!

Singing Loudly

Friday, July 23, 2004

Ha! I'm right!

Usually I'm incorrect with my assumptions, but this appears to be what I've been saying all along.

"Over the period 1999 to 2003, DVD prices fell by 25% and the price of players fell in the US from over $1,000 to almost nothing," says Strumpf. "At the same time, CD prices went up by 10%. Combined DVD and VHS tape sales went up by 500m, while CD sales fell by 200m, so a possible explanation is that people were spending on DVDs instead of CDs."

From this report that shows that illegal downloading hasn't really hurt CD sales.

Thanks Boing Boing for boosting my humble ego.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com