Singing Loudly: Pushing for Biglaw

Singing Loudly

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Pushing for Biglaw

Jeremy has replied to two blogs currently speaking about the drive of law schools to get their students into Biglaw. It seems to me that this is not only true, but it is smart for law schools to do this. Ultimately, most law schools want to have big donars. They aren't going to get that out of students who go into public interest or government work. There might be a few instances where they get prestige from it, but that is less probable than getting a few partners at a Biglaw firm.

I don't have any problem with people who want to practice at Biglaw, however, I have learned that it is probably not the place for me. I qualify that only because I haven't tried every Biglaw firm. In my limited experience, I can say that it is not fulfilling work for me. I wouldn't mind working with the government or public interest upon graduation. Whatever I do it won't be for the monetary rewards. I would just like to have enough money to live comfortably, travel occassionally, and retire with security. If those needs are met then all my job will need to do is make me feel like I'm doing my part to make the life better for someone.
-x-
the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com