Singing Loudly: Pop-up tactics

Singing Loudly

Thursday, April 29, 2004

Pop-up tactics

For the past few months, I have owed a large debt of gratitude to the Google Toolbar that blocks popup ads. Thus far it has saved me from having to block over 700 unwanted popups. I'm sad that I have to see stories about how the advertisers are creating smart ads that detect when there is a popup blocker.

Falk eSolutions AG launched Tuesday a new ad targeting option to automatically detect pop-up blocker software on users' computers and instantly convert pop-up and pop-under inventory to alternate formats for optimal delivery to those users.
Today if I am forced to see another flash ad that covers text on the page I'm viewing, I will disavow hitting these sites again. Feel my wrath ESPN.
-x-
the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com