Singing Loudly: Summer plans

Singing Loudly

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Summer plans

I've been asked what I plan on doing this summer. Last year I took the summer school abroad route, because I didn't want the opportunity to study in a foreign country to pass me by. This summer I wish that I could go abroad and live for a few months, but I've been informed by reality that I have to work. It was difficult to figure out what I wanted to do because although I'm in law school I am also a writer. I have about three plays that need to be finished. Once they are completed, I will have time to start writing some more ideas that I've had. However, I can't just write all summer because I need experience with law related work too. Thus, the plan unfolds...

The first half of my summer will be spent interning at the DA's office, taking the model professional responsibility exam, and finishing two of my plays. The second half of my summer will be spent at a not-for-profit group called Advocacy, Inc. They are a Texas group who specialize in helping disabled persons. I applied for a fellowship to do non-profit work this summer and was given one of the awards, so I'm happy to be able to make some money while helping a group that otherwise would not pay summer volunteers. During that second half I will also finish the third play. My hope is that next fall I can shop around for places to stage these plays. It shouldn't be too hard to find a group that will want to perform one of them.

Edited to add: Actually, I get to decide whether I want to work for Advocacy, Inc. or the Human Rights Initiative. The HRI was my first choice, but I'm started to reconsider. Which sounds more interesting?
-x-
the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com