Singing Loudly: Pay What You Want

Singing Loudly

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Pay What You Want

Radiohead asked me to pay what I wanted for their new album, In Rainbows, and I did. I paid them a little over 8 dollars to download the entire album -- 10 tracks. I think that's a fair price for a band I really like.

I also think it's fantastic that they have ditched the label and are doing this on their own. I hope people will find their music this way by paying a little if they just want to test it out. I hope that their fans will pay a fair price.

Is this the most important release for music of our day? Probably in terms of what the success could do to the record industry. Since this announcement, we have seen the likes of Nine Inch Nails and Madonna leave their labels to go it free also.

I'm also happy because digital downloads are a better way to serve music. It's easier for me because I don't have to worry about where to store a disc I will never use. It's easier on the environment because we don't have to make a plastic disc and a plastic jewel case. It's just a better model.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com