Singing Loudly: 2nd Chances at Graduation

Singing Loudly

Saturday, May 14, 2005

2nd Chances at Graduation

This evening I will graduate from law school after a few years of mixed emotions, triumphs and defeats, and various detours that all wound up taking to wherever I am right now. All in all, it's been a good time and I wouldn't change much of anything about it. Perhaps at some other point I will go further into detail about my experiences in law school, but I have a different purpose in writing this.

When I graduated from undergrad I wasn't able to completely enjoy the experience because of external problems. In hindsight, I'm not sure how much of that was created by myself. Not in any sort of a psychological opposition to the joys of graduating. It was just something that happened at the wrong time. Anyhow, three years later this same situation seems to have come back to be a speedbump to enjoying graduation.

Thankfully, if law school has taught me nothing else, it has taught me that you have to deal with adversity with a lot of other options. We all know that on law school exams you don't come up with one possible solution. No, you write down a few different ways that things could go in order to show you understand what is going on.

This recurrence of a bad situation has emerged again, but it's not going to be something that I'll cling to. Rather, it's time to move onto the correct solution. This will make the law school graduation feel a little better in the grand scheme of things.

In somewhat related news: the only immediate family member not to come to this graduation is my father; he didn't come to the undergraduate graduation either.
-x-

1 Comments:

Congrats Curtis, you have worked hard...

Good luck tonight :)

By Blogger All Things Jennifer, at 6:51 PM, May 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com