Singing Loudly: Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball Live Draft

Singing Loudly

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball Live Draft

This afternoon it appears that my winners league was having it's live draft. Did I know that I was even involved in a live draft? Not at all. Was I there in time to make the draft? Somehow.

Today I was checking my Yahoo! Mail and noticed that there was an email alerting me to the creation of my league. I thought this meant that I had my team autodrafted -- as I had put ready and selected my player preference for the autodraft -- so I went to see my players. Did I get KG? I was excited to see. (Get the rhyme there? Ahem...)

Anyhow when I looked at the draft it said that live draft was beginning in three minutes. Holy shit! I've never live drafted a team and it didn't appear that I had the right extension for Firefox. I switched over to IE and made it in time to start the live draft. I was 7th to draft which sucked but I managed to create a kick ass team. Here they are along with comments on why they will be good.

1. Andre Kirilenko (Since I was 7th KG, Kobe, Peja, McGrady, and Duncan were snagged. AK47 is a cool ass nickname and he plays great. He'll give me 17 ppg, 8 rebounds, and 3 or 4 assists. Currently he's listed as PF but the Jazz will change him over to small forward this year.)

2. Brad Miller (I keep getting the white guys, eh? I picked him because it's important to have a strong center. Divac is gone this year and Ostertag is hurt, so I suspect that Miller will be playing more minutes. He gets around 10 rebounds a game and almost 5 assists. You can't beat that. Who did I pass up for Brad Miller? Pao Gasol, Lamar Odom, Iverson, Stephon Marbury to name a few of the big ones.)

3. Kirk Hinrich (He's going to be money. My first PG who can nail the 3s. That's what I'm going to need.)

4. Jason Terry (I think that he's really going to break out now that he's on Dallas's team. One complaint about Dallas players is that coach Don Nelson rotates too much. I've got faith that now that he's going to have a lead spot he'll really pull in better numbers than ever.)

5. Jamal Crawford (This is a great grab, because with the money the Knicks are paying him they will play him before Houston and probably Marbury. His points and 3s are some of the leading numbers in the NBA)

6. Gerald Wallace (This is one of my more bold picks, because it's hard to know how he'll do. The reason I did it was because he's on Charlotte's extension team, which should give him minutes. I've heard that he's playing well at the scrimmages.)

7. Erick Dampier (I needed another center and he's really the only true center the Mavericks have, so he will get minutes. I'm guessing that he'll get 2 blocks per game)

8. Marko Jaric
9. Kenny Thomas
10. Marquis Daniels
11. Vlade Divac
12. Derek Anderson
13. Brandon Hunter
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com