Singing Loudly: Two Jump the Shark: or Ashlee Simpson pulls a Milli

Singing Loudly

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Two Jump the Shark: or Ashlee Simpson pulls a Milli

You can see the video from the SNL mishap last night. I suppose that mishap is a light word to use in this situation. This is a major fuck up for both SNL and Ashlee Simpson. I don't give a shit about either of the Simpsons, but especially not Ashlee.

I watched her show and thought she was just a whiney, immature girl. Seeing this clip it certainly seems that she hasn't grown up any since her MTV series. It doesn't surprise me at all that she lip synchs to her music. I hope that people who wasted their money buying tickets to her concerts are given refunds if they don't want to go and see it. Instead of being honest about the lip synching she blamed it on the band playing the wrong song.

I guess that we shouldn't be surprised because Ashlee has obviously lied to us before:

From Lucky Magazine interview:

LM: What are your takes on lip-synching?

AS: I'm totally against it and offended by it. I'm going out to let my real talent show, not to just stand there and dance around. Personally, I'd never lip-synch. It's just not me.

Indeed, Ashlee. Indeed.

It's a little upsetting that SNL has foregone their policy of not allowing lip synching. I guess that they decided that if they were going to bring in the "popular" acts they have to allow them to lip synch.

One thing good to come of this was that SNL brought us the funny again.

-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com