Singing Loudly: Scary Downloads

Singing Loudly

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Scary Downloads

Earlier this evening a little bubble popped up above my task bar telling me that Microsoft had downloaded a critical update. It was the Service Pack that Microsoft released to add security features to Windows. Nevermind that a lot of upgrades should have been built into the operating system to begin with.

Anyhow, I was a little timid about allowing the upgrade to be installed. I don't trust these things. It mentioned that before I proceed I should back up my system which made me all the more nervous. In the end I decided to let it upgrade.

Did I make a mistake? The system seems to be running, but I'm worried that something is going to meltdown.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com