Singing Loudly: The Blogger Debate: Or What OS do Bloggers use?

Singing Loudly

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

The Blogger Debate: Or What OS do Bloggers use?

The Wonkette and some other guy John Hinderoc(?) were just on NBC talking about what they thought about the debate. They only had about five minutes total to discuss what they thought, which is all they needed since the debate was stupid. Wonkette got to look hot and make an amusing comment.

The interesting thing is that both of them appeared to have the same Apple computer, which seemed to suggest that bloggers use, or possibly prefer, Apple. I don't think this is actually the case. I know that Dylan has an Apple computer, but I can't think of many others who use Apples. My guess would be very few.

According to my CQ Counter it seems that the OS representation of people visiting my site is 86% Windows and a mere 6% Mac. Now this is a little misleading because a lot of the hits on my CQ Counter come from my Windows based computer. However, my Stat Counter allows me to exclude my IP address from hit results, so it offers a different picture. On this account the last 100 hits are 84% Windows and 6% Apple.

My guess is that Apple realizes that blogging is a hot thing right now and would like to associate bloggers with Apple. Then people might buy Apple computers if they wish to get into blogging. A similar thing has happened with the IPOD, where consumers buy an IPOD and also an Apple. The two work together well in a way that blogging and Apple computers don't equate.

My intuition is that blogging is largely done on Windows computers. Even Blogger.com is a little friendlier to Windows based systems. Perhaps this will all change as younger people are starting to turn to Apple in larger volumes.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com