Singing Loudly: What I'm listening to and reading and watching

Singing Loudly

Sunday, August 29, 2004

What I'm listening to and reading and watching

With music I've really been digging the following:

Dropkick Murphys - Tessie (for the longest time I didn't like Dropkick Murphys because they always seemed to gimicky. This is actually a good song though. A nice mix of piano, bagpipe, and fun lyrics.)

The Postal Service (Anything by this group is pretty good. Again, when they first came out I didn't really think much of them, but their music is growing on me. It's pleasant to listen to.)

Pink Floyd - The Final Cut (Animals has been my favorite Pink Floyd album since I started to like them. The Final Cut is growing on me more and more as the years go by. Roger Waters = genius).

My obsessions as far as books:

E.M. Forster - A Passage to India (He's my favorite author hands down. I'm about to re-read one of my least favorites - Howard's End. His sentences are beautiful.)

Charles Wheelan - Naked Economics (I know nothing about economics and want someone to teach me. What more is there to say?)

Currently my favorite play:

Don DeLillo - Valparaiso (Much better than I thought it would be. It won't stay my favorite for long, but for a couple weeks it will hang out. Characters saying things like this, "Livia. This primate fetus you're schlepping around under your belly button. Was it conceived in the traditional sort of in-your-face manner?" Livia: "Yes, it was.")

Currently my favorite movie:

The Big Lebowski ("Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!")
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com