Singing Loudly: You won't find me side-spiking my hair or <s>french</s> freedom rolling the jeans

Singing Loudly

Monday, August 09, 2004

You won't find me side-spiking my hair or french freedom rolling the jeans

A few years ago I was in the presence of a fashion guru and didn't know it. Here he was with his 80s shirt on and the collar turned up, and I just thought he was foolish and living in a nightmarish past.

Rather, as Mel notes, the styles of the 80s have made their way back into the fashion world mainstream.

I want to find this guy and blame him for starting the craze. And craze is the appropriate word for this. This must be led by kids who are not old enough to know the full horrors that were the 80s. The nightmares that the loud clothing, strange hair styles, and general confusion caused America. It is crazy to try to bring this back. Please stop.

I concur wholeheartedly with Erin's number 24 where she states, "I love the 80s. The music. The cheesy sitcoms. However, I kind of wish the hair/makeup/clothes would stay dead."

I concur on two grounds: First, I don't like all the music and cheesy sitcoms. I think we can all do without hearing Don't Worry, Be Happy again or seeing this or that ever again! Second, I REALLY wish that the hair/makeup/clothes would stay dead.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com