Singing Loudly: OED Love Letters

Singing Loudly

Monday, April 26, 2004

OED Love Letters

Amber loves the OED, Will loves the OED, and I love the OED. Not surprisingly, I am the one who screwed up owning a personal copy of said OED. In Amber's comments I tell the woeful story of a first year law student considering the purchase of a used Compact OED for about $65 dollars at Half Price Books. I thought that they had one three volume copy, but I have been alerted by Will's post that it is actually one volume. This means that three copies of the compact OED sold in the time it took for me to decide to buy the treasure trove of words. Now I feel three times as sad that I don't have a copy of it happily sitting on my coffee table. I vow to find a copy of this for $65 again.
-x-
the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com