Singing Loudly: Local Oral Arguments

Singing Loudly

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Local Oral Arguments

I went to watch the oral arguments being held at the 9th Court of Appeals in Texas today. It was to watch a case that directly relates to my role at the public defender's office where I work, however, I got to catch an unrelated appellate argument.

I was mesmerized by how talented the Appellant's attorney in Fluor v. . I knew that her last name was Yeates, so I just had to look up a little more about her. It's not surprising that she heads up the civil appeals division at Vinson & Elkins in Houston. The stakes in this case were a $100 million verdict! Seriously...

She was awesome to watch. I think that the justices agreed.
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com