Singing Loudly: Famous Last Words

Singing Loudly

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Famous Last Words

Today I went to a website and saw that it no longer exists. It has probably been a year since I last visited, so I was a little disappointed that it's all gone now.

Here are my takes on the best sites that either no longer exist or aren't what they used to be in any real way.

1. Thespark.com. This used to be great for fun content. Christian had neat little adventures going on and whatnot. Then they graduated and sparknotes swallowed them whole.
2. adcritic.com. I think that it still exists as a pay thing. A few years ago you could watch all the fun ads you wanted to. The best was the one for the Dodge Aero that indie filmmakers made.
3. 1-800.com. It used to be cool but it sucks now. I got so many free dvds from them.
4. reel.com. Another site where I got a lot of free dvds back in the day.
5. Bezerk's Online Games - Acrophobia was the best game ever.
6. Pointclick.com. I made over a thousand bucks from this place. Again, this was back in the day.
7. freeride.com. The place sucks now, but I made over a thousand in Amazon gift certificates at this place. Between it and writing album reviews for a couple years, I was able to amass a few hundred CDs.
8. Alladvantage.com. This one was cool. You would sign up referrals under you and make money based on how much money they made. You just had to surf with a little ad bar running. You could download a program to simulate mouse movements if you wanted. Anyhow, for awhile I was getting monthly checks that paid for all my entertainment expenses. Usually $400 a month.

Any other cool places that you miss?
-x-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

the archives:

You are currently viewing a post in the archives. You can go back to the main page, the topical index or continue perusing the archives below:

Posts by month:
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com